FinScan is now MiCROTEC Espoo
We exist to make our customers perform better!
We are on a mission to make sawmills more profitable. Using the latest scanning technology and AI boosted software solutions, we unlock the maximum value of the most precious commodity in the business – raw materials. The use of data will transform everything. Put simply, our customers can move from cut-to-stock to cut-to-demand.
Our unique technology is now boosted with Buzzard® artificial intelligence. This software, with artificial neural networks, allows the system to be programmed to learn and adapt to the unique operating environment of each sawmill.
As a member of the Microtec Group, a global leader in the wood scanning industry, we have a solution for every sawmill.
Technology that makes a difference
By using a data-driven optimisation approach, every sawmill can improve its competitiveness, quality and sales value.
- Knowing what’s inside every log enables cut-on-demand.
- Software for the centralised data management of logs, patterns and best use creates a unique fingerprint for all material.
- Artificial intelligence significantly improves defect detection and the speed of image processing.
- Software-based, machine-strength grading significantly improves yield of value-added products.
- Artificial intelligence-based enhancements accumulate and enable a sawmill to continuously improve its performance.
News and articles
Fin Scan Oy's new name Microtec Innovating Wood Oy was registered in the Trade Register on 13 August 2021. Our business ID remains...
The long-term cooperation between MiCROTEC and Södra Wood will continue when MiCROTEC delivers a new Finscan grading system to Södra...
This year has been full of happy changes and now there will be one more when we move to new premises in Espoo on June 14th! Our new...
MiCROTEC (formerly FinScan) will continue its close cooperation with the Russian ULK Group in delivering three Finscan sorting systems for...